The Crystal Decisions team conducted 31 replicated plots across our trade territory.
In order to be able to make effective, data-driven decisions, our team knows that it is imperative that growers can see what hybrids do well in their area.
- Soil samples were taken for more analysis on nutrient levels
- Rainfall and GDU recorded for each plot
- 27 soybean varieties replicated over 10 locations
- 25 corn hybrids replicated over 21 different locations.
“Nitrogen was the biggest factor on corn yields this year that we have seen. Most places we had high rates or overlapped passes showed a big yield increases on the yield monitor. Attached is the results from a corn-on-corn nitrogen study we did with different rates and timing.”- Jason Leary, Ag Technology Manager
Our extensive high yield studies were managed closely by our Crystal Decisions team. Each research site had a specific hybrid that was closely monitored, and various “extra” products were applied at each site to attempt to reach maximum yield.
The Crystal Decisions team conducted a number of additional trials, with data available exclusively to Crystal Decisions clients. These trials included:
- Corn & soybean planting date study
- High yield corn studies
- Split nitrogen program comparison
- 2 year soybean yield by trait information
- Soybean planting date and seed treatment study
- Soybean fertility study
- Soybean seeding population plot
- Soybean harvest with air reel study
- XtendFlex plot
Our Crystal Decisions team share key insights about 2020 and how to plan for the season ahead.
2020 Yield Averages
AgriEdge Benefits in Our Region
2020 Top Yield Factors
2021-2026 MPCA Large Feedlot NPDES Permit Revisions