With spring planting just around the corner, now is the ideal time to finalize your field fertility plans to maximize yields this year. From reviewing crop production records from past years and understanding how to best leverage plant nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, to carving out time this spring to conduct sampling and testing, a focus on field fertility is essential to increasing yields and enhancing profitability for your operation.
A core aspect of the Crystal Decisions program is providing expert assistance in field fertility. This year, the Crystal Decision’s team has the following mapped out to directly impact the success of your operation:
- 2020 Goals – After reviewing and analyzing past yields and crop history, the Crystal Decisions team will set new realistic and challenging yield goals for the year ahead.
- Fertilizer Options – The team will evaluate all fertilizer options including dry broadcast, liquid starter on the planter, and in-season applications.
- Defined Plan – Next, the team will work to create a defined plan for quantity, placement, and timing of all nutrient applications and ensure that all fertility plans are in place so that it’s easy to execute in the heat of spring planting
- Manure Map Analysis – After collecting fall fertilizer and manure maps, the team will develop detailed prescriptions and application maps for any uncompleted areas.
- Research Trials – Today, the team is working to set up research trials and learning blocks. With a plan in place ahead of planting season, our team can ensure the highest chance of capturing solid data to help make better decisions at the end of the 2020 season.
To learn more about the field fertility components included within the Crystal Decisions program, visit the solution page on our website. And, if you haven’t incorporated Crystal Decisions into your fields yet, connect with our team today to learn more about this program and to get started before planting season begins.